Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

8.01.2011

I thought that I should get one last post up before Avery turns 1 this Friday!!  I cannot believe I am even typing those words.  But, we will get to that in the next post.  I only have 2 and 1/2 weeks left of my summer vacation and time home with Avery.  Some days I am ok with that, but for the most part, I think it will be a bit difficult not seeing her every day, all day.  So, we are keeping busy with the time remaining.

Avery and I took swim lessons this summer.  It was a Mommy and Me class, so unfortunately there are no pictures of the actual time in the water.  Avery loved her swim lessons.  We worked on paddling, kicking, floating on our tummy and back, blowing bubbles and even going under water!  That last one was hard for me, but after the first couple times, Avery was a pro!

Waiting to get into the water! 




















We have also visited our Children's Discovery Museum.  I have taken first graders here, but was unsure how Avery would like it being so young.  Lucky for us, there was plenty for her to do!!

We played with musical instruments...



















We played in the mirrored tunnel!



Avery loves animals!  When we read her animal books, she squeals.  When we go for walks and see the geese or dogs, she squeals.  Just our luck that our Museum has an exhibit on farm life.  She was super excited about these cows!!















This is her squealing!















And this is her moo-ing at the cow!!  :)














Driving a combine...eyes on the road lady!




















Practicing drinking our milk...















And we even got to practice standing in some corn!





















Avery has also learned some new skills such as playing guitar,
















helping load the dishwasher,




















hiding in he stuffed animals,
















and playing peek-a-boo...kind of!  She likes to cover her ears, then drop her hands quickly and say "boo!"  She's almost there!




















Avery has a total of 6 teeth now, 2 on the bottom and 4 on top.  Say cheese!















She also loves wearing other people's sunglasses!  These belong to her new best buddy Jake!




















Finally, Avery has gotten really silly and really funny lately.  Sometimes we will be watching her and all of a sudden she will just start cracking up over something as simple as a remote.  It is hilarious and just makes us laugh.  She also loves the water.  And sometimes playing in the water is the only way I can get dishes done with her around.  Enjoy this video!  We promise that the squeals are that of delight and not of anger. We know that it probably sounds otherwise!  Also, sorry for the grainy picture, this was done on Dave's phone.

Love from Bloomington!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great post! This age is just sooo fun. I absolutely LOVE LOVE the picture of her mooing at the cow. I couldn't stop laughing. I can almost here her doing it. I think I have a similar video of Cam in the sink. I just took off his clothes and sat him in there and he played while i cooked dinner...haha. The things that entertain them. Miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, especially the one of the shoes in the dishwasher. Can't believe that she will be 1, where did the time go? Can't wait to see you guys on the 14th. Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete