| Avery loves ducks and my friend Sonia has a pet duck of her own! Avery was so excited! |
| I love the raised shoulders! |
The first weekend is August is always our Nemer family picnic. We got to see lots of family, many of who had never met Avery. It was a lot of fun...especially playing in the pool with cousin Lucas.
Four Generations~ <3
Being Silly with Auntie Ashley
Kisses from Daddy
Playing with Grandma
I had to share this picture specifically because of the butt! One of my favorite sites.... when I saw this outfit I had to buy it. Check out Ruffle Butts for all your little girl needs (and wants!!)
The second week of August, Dave's sister and her family came to visit from New Jersey. This was an especially important visit because they had never met Avery. The first night we met up with them at dinner, Avery went right to her Uncle Doug, Aunt Mara and was super excited to play with her cousins Savannah and Elle. That's our social butterfly! Over the course of the week, we played at the parks, splash pad (no pictures...oops!) and visited the zoo. We were sad to see them go, but so excited the families got to finally meet.
| My friends Trevor and Faith |
Also in August, our dear friends Clint and Georgia tied the knot. It was an eventful ceremony! Georgia's brother flew in from California to marry the love birds and the ceremony ended just in time for a huge thunderstorm to roll in. After a quick and fierce storm, everyone helped reset the outdoor reception and we went on with the party! | David and Dorota were in from DC for the celebration! |
| A little cake to end the night! |
Finally, Avery is really beginning to understand things we say. Our favorite example of this is when it is time for her bath. It doesn't matter what she is doing, as soon as we say it is bath time, Avery heads on down the hallway, to the door and into the bathroom. She then tries to climb into the tub, whether we are ready for her or not!
There she goes!!
She's pretty cute when she is finished too!! :)
And finally, since I talked about how much Avery loves ducks above and she is dressed like one in the above picture, I will leave you with this. One day, I was looking on youtube for a song about ducks that Avery and I could sing each day. I came across this video and had no idea what a monster we would have created. The situation being the monster, not Avery! Now, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't have to watch the duck song. She loves it so much, that anytime she sees our computer, laptop or our phones, she walks up and says, "Bum, Bum..." and we know what time it is! As soon as it begins, she starts to smile, giggle and dance. I'm going to try to get that on video for you all next time. But for now, I am sharing the duck song with you. Here is your warning...if you watch this you will sing it for the rest of the day. You have been warned. Enjoy and love from us in Bloomington!!

Honored to have made your blog!
ReplyDeleteOmg that duck song.....hilarious! What about the song 5 little ducks went out one day over the hills and far away...mother duck said quack quavk quack and 4 of the little ducks came back (something like that)
ReplyDeleteThe duck pictures are too funny. I really wish I had a friend with a pet duck.
ReplyDelete