Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

5.23.2010

Much Going On!


Greetings family and friends!  Here is the update on the growing Glacinski family:


We are currently still working on the nursery.  And by we, I of course mean my husband!  He has kept me out of the room and has been working really hard to get it completed.  A couple weeks ago, my dad and our friend Michael came by to help with some minor construction.  The wainscoting is almost finished being painted (which has turned out to be a pretty long process).  





Also, this past week my students and some of their wonderful parents threw me a surprise baby shower at work!  The kids did a pretty good job keeping it a secret, especially since the shower has been a work in progress for the past two weeks!  That is a long time for 8 and 9 year olds to keep quiet.  My parents even managed to get Dave to the shower without me knowing!  Pretty sneaky!

Some of the students brought gifts.  We got some cute clothes, blankets and a piggy bank.  As a class gift, the students each brought in a book and wrote messages to Baby G in the inside cover.  It was pretty cute!  One book we got is called Daddy's Girl and it is addressed to Baby G- from one daddy's girl to another!  How could you not love that??  We even had pink frosted baby feet cookies!  They were much more delicious than that makes them seem!


Finally, I am currently 28 weeks along which means that I am officially at the start of my third trimester.  I cannot believe we are already this far along.  She is moving like crazy (especially at 4am!) and the movements are becoming more predictable.  Dave can feel her now quite frequently.  I went for my final monthly doctor's appointment this past week as well and the baby's heartbeat is about 140 and nice and strong.  I will start going now every two weeks, which combined with school getting out this week, I feel like she will be here before we know it!  

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWW Nik. I absolutely love your updates and that is so cute about the surprise shower. The nursery looks like it is coming along nicely and can't wait to see the finished product. Wish I could be at your shower in a couple weeks but I will see you in July! Love you guys! You are going to be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Dave working in the nursery. Can't wait to see it done with the furniture and all. You're right, she will be here before you know it. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I didn't notice you showing that much when I saw you last. It must have been the shirt. But anyway soooo cute! Don't you love the belly? This is the best time! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete