Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

4.16.2014

Mommy & Me

So the past couple weeks it has been quite the Avery and Mommy hangouts!  Not that we try to keep Ryen or Daddy out, these two activities have just suited the two of us better.

The first event that Avery and I attended was a Disney Princess Tea Party put on by the drama department at Bloomington High School.  Last year we attended also and so I had high hopes for Avery breaking out of her shell a bit more this year, but not the case.  She was still a bit apprehensive of some of the princesses, but this year we brought along some special people.  Both grandmas and Auntie Ashley got to attend.

The night before, we made princess cupcakes-









The Fairy Godmother




Story time with the princesses

We even ran into one of Avery's friends from preschool!


 Singing "Let it Go"



She was super excited about Merida....

...and Rapunzel!

She was pretty excited to see Anna and Elsa- (Yeah, not a great Elsa, but it is a high school drama department!) Anna was spot on the whole day though!

One last hug for Cinderella!

Then, this past weekend, Avery and I went to the Gamma Phi Circus at ISU.  She loved it so much!  I wish I would have taken some pictures of her face while watching some of the acts.

These were her favorite-


Now, of course I won't do a post without something about Ryen.... unfortunately though, her past couple weeks haven't been as happy (for mommy) as Avery's have.  See, Ryen is a bit of a climber.  With no fear.  Ever.  This of course makes me nervous.  While I have loosened up a bit since Avery, the idea of my 1 year old standing on top of a car with wheels while smiling and dancing, still make me nervous.  Call me crazy.  It is ok.

So the day I picked the girls up to begin my spring break, Ryen had fallen outside while playing.  We expected this to happen at some point so we weren't too surprised.  This is what her head looked like:

Of course over the course of a crappy weather spring break we managed to remain pretty unscathed.  Then, the Sunday break ended, Ryen decided to climb on a stool and fell off hitting her head on the edge of our bathroom door resulting in this:

You would think she would have learned- but nope!  Maybe that is one of the great things about toddlers, one bad fall doesn't scare them off from being adventurous again.  Later that day we found her standing on her car, standing on a stool dancing in the middle of the room and climbing on several other items in our house.  This sweet little girl sure keeps us on our toes- and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment